Year of the rat
- Birth year: 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008
- Personality traits: Quick-witted, resourceful, versatile, kind
Those born in the year of the rat have sharp minds and can easily adapt to any situation. This means that they can naturally function on minimal sleep, providing that the quality of sleep is high. It’s, therefore, recommended that rats meditate before bed to put them in the right frame of mind for deep sleep.
Year of the Ox
- Birth year: 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009
- Personality Traits: Diligent, dependable, strong, determined
Routine is of the utmost importance to these diligent ox folk, so try to maintain a regular schedule of solid sleep rather than relying on frequent naps. Put your smartphone to good use and set up a sleep schedule that helps you switch off at bedtime and wakes you up at the same time every morning.
Year of the tiger
- Birth year: 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010
- Personality traits: Brave, confident, competitive
Summer is the perfect season for those born in the year of the tiger. Bold and ready to seize the day, the summer sun will supercharge your mind and body, meaning you can rely on having less sleep. Autumn and winter, however, are the hibernating months for tigers. As soon as the weather turns and the darker nights creep in, lean into your instinct to snuggle up and take advantage of an earlier bedtime and a longer lie-in so you can be well-rested and ready for the next summer.
Year of the rabbit
- Birth year: 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011
- Personality Traits: Quiet, elegant, kind, responsible
Rabbits are known for their reserved and kind personality traits but can also be prone to higher levels of anxiety that manifest when they go to sleep. If you’re born in the year of the rabbit, you’re more likely to toss and turn as you try to go to sleep. Combat this restless feeling by going to bed a little earlier. This will give you additional time to wind down before you fall asleep.
Year of the dragon
- Birth year: 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024
- Personality traits: Confident, intelligent, enthusiastic
People born in the year of the dragon are often what is known as a Type A personality – confident, well-liked, and intelligent; these people make for good leaders and often take protector roles in whichever environment they are in.
Protectors usually sleep with one eye open, meaning a few hours of sleep at a time can work best. Do, however, schedule power naps to keep a routine going.