CannX has proven itself time and time again as the central meeting point for exploring the latest developments in medical cannabis. With the top quality of the conference programme and the leading international speakers, CannX Virtual 2020 will provide the latest in scientific research, agricultural practices and innovation, and business opportunities.
Cannabis sativa has a long history as a medicinal plant and has shown a therapeutic effect in patients with pain, nausea, posttraumatic stress disorder, cancer, epilepsy, glaucoma and many more conditions.
I believe cannabinoids represent a medical treasure waiting to be discovered,’ says professor Raphael Mechoulam, Conference president. This year, CannX will include a special celebration in honour of Raphael Mechoulam, the Father of Medical Cannabis Research.
Since the inception of his research in the 60s, professor Mechoulam has been nominated for over 25 academic awards, including the Heinrich Wieland Prize (2004), an Honorary doctorate from Complutense University (2006), the Israel Prize in Exact Sciences – Chemistry (2000), the Israel Chemical Society Prize for excellence in research (2009) and EMET Prize in Exact Sciences – Chemistry (2012). The honorary session will include a one-on-one interview with professor Mechoulam by Dr Dedi Meiri and several surprises.
The CannX platform is dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge and practice in the emerging field of medical cannabis. With a programme designed to showcase recent research and analyse real-world applications, the conference provides a unique opportunity for scientists, clinical researchers, start-ups, and established industry companies to form new collaborations and discuss the potential impact of the latest findings.
CannX 2020 will be a virtual conference, providing access to content whenever and wherever the attendees are located, thus ensuring interaction with a uniquely diverse professional audience base. The programme has been submitted to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) and is pending CME accreditation.
Session highlights include:
- Women at the forefront of cannabis innovation
- The interplay of science, business and law
- Cannabinoids and the elderly
- Medical cannabis and the role of pharmacists: The Israeli experience
- COVID-19, CBD and cannabis
The view of the full programme is here and the expert committee of the conference includes:
- Conference President: Professor Raphael Mechoulam, Institute for Drug Research, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Conference Chair: Yossi Bornstein, Founder & CEO of Shizim Group; Founder & Partner of Cann10, Israel
- Dr Dedi Meiri, Head of Scientific Advisory Board, Assistant Professor, Heads the ‘Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Cannabinoid Research’, Technion, Institute of Technology, Israel
- Raquel Peyraube MD, Executive Committee of the International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines, Uruguay
- Orit Stolar MD, Pediatric Neurologist, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center
Dr Yuval (Tuby) Zolotov, Senior Research Associate, Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Yael Meir, Chief Operating Officer, Cann 10, Medical Cannabis, Israel
Shay Avraham Sarid, Co-Founder & CTO, Seach Medical Cannabis Group, Israel
CannX Virtual aims to promote collaboration between researchers, clinicians, and industry, helping them overcome barriers that limit access, care, and services. For more information please visit this website.
Image credit: Freepik