The National Association of Licensed Paralegals (NALP) will be hosting the 3rd National Paralegal Day with an evening event at the House of Commons in London on Wednesday, 8th November 2023, from 7pm to 9pm.
The event will also host NALP’s very first ‟ NALP Paralegal Achievement Awards”, which are being launched this year as part of National Paralegal Day. The awards are for:
- Highest achievement for the NALP Level 3 Award in Paralegal Practice 2022–2023
- Highest achievement for the NALP Level 3 Certificate in Paralegal Practice 2022–2023
- Highest achievement for the NALP Level 3 Diploma in Paralegal Practice 2022–2023
- Highest achievement for the NALP Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies 2022–2023
- Highest achievement for the NALP Level 7 Diploma in Paralegal Practice 2022–2023
NALP is a non-profit membership body and the only paralegal body that is recognised as an awarding organisation by Ofqual (the regulator of qualifications in England). Through its centres around the country, accredited and recognised professional paralegal qualifications are offered for those looking for a career as a paralegal professional.
National Paralegal Day was established to celebrate the role that paralegals play within the English legal sector, and the contribution they make to the legal profession. Whether they are working within a solicitor’s practice, in–house at a large organisation or independently in their own practice – paralegals fill a void that has been created by the reduction in legal aid and the increased costs of paying for a conventional lawyer.
Paralegals are often the unsung, unrecognised members of the legal profession – and yet, each year, they help thousands of people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford legal representation. They also support solicitors and their teams and help them deliver high quality services to clients, and they work hard within organisations as diverse as local authorities and FTSE100 companies.
National Paralegal Day 2023 is sponsored by Mindful Education, Finders International, BARBRI, and the National Paralegal College.
- Mindful Education produces award-winning, blended learning courses and apprenticeships that continue to set new standards in education technology. Working in partnership with hundreds of training providers, colleges and employers, Mindful’s compelling mix of academic, technical and creative expertise brings learning to life, helping people to take the next step in their professional
- Finders International is an award-winning probate genealogy company tracing missing heirs and beneficiaries to estates, property, funds and assets worldwide. Often dubbed as ‟Heir Hunters” from their role on the popular BBC programme, Finders International is best known for its work with the legal profession, offering a comprehensive range of global research and support services; tracing missing and unknown beneficiaries, through to preparing estate distribution schedules and finding missing wills and assets.
- BARBRI is a legal educator specialising in innovative technology to help law students and lawyers succeed in achieving their legal qualification. Their unique courses can prepare you for the Solicitors Qualifying Exam (SQE) through to becoming a solicitor in England and Wales, as well as offering dual–qualification opportunities to become an attorney in New York or California. BARBRI has maintained the trust of legal students for over 50 years, helping more than 1.3 million law students and lawyers succeed in legal exams across the globe.
- The National Paralegal College is dedicated to training paralegal professionals and all the qualifications and courses offered by NPC are paralegal specific, designed to assist a learner in achieving their goal to become a professional paralegal practitioner. NPC is an established NALP Training Centre, delivering not only NALP’s Ofqual regulated NALP Qualifications, but also bespoke CPD Courses that are CPD accredited under the CPD Standards Office.
As part of the National Paralegal Day celebrations, you can expect:
- Guest speakers, including former Financial Times editor and former governing board member
- Lyndsey Jones, Finders International MD, Simonne Llewellyn, and Fabian Hamilton MP, among others
- The NALP paralegal achievement awards
- Food, drinks and, of course, goody bags
- The chance to chat with old friends and new, and meet the NALP team
Join them for an event that gets bigger and better every year.
National Paralegal Day is an opportunity to celebrate, to network, to meet colleagues and friends, and to learn more about the role of paralegals within the legal profession.
How do you book to attend?
Tickets must be booked in advance, and entrance to the House of Commons is by ticket only. To book, click here.